To love, glorify, and enjoy God; to nurture and support one another in our shared walk of faith; and to serve God in our community and the larger world.
As Presbyterians, we emphasize:
- Like other Christian Churches, we believe basic tenants of faith -- triune God; Bible as both inspired and authoritative Word of God; that all are sinners; salvations is by grace, through Jesus Chirst; and much more.
- The "shared faith" life of the Church -- that faith is not just personal and private, but something we are called to share as a body. This is relflected in "communion table" vs. "altar," and serving one another communion elements vs. being served.
- Shared decision making -- elected elders serve the local, regional, and even national Church, carrying ideas up, and then bringing decisions back down.
- An understanding that all are "called" to Christian vocation -- to not only seek grace, but to follow Christ in being a body offering grace to a needy world.
- Unity and diversity -- each person is unique, with his/her own gifts and views. God calls women and men, black and white, rich and poor. We aren't called to be the same, or even agree on all things, but to work together as God's body.
As Presbyterians, we welcome:
- All those who are interested in a church home/family.
- Poeple of a variety of beliefs and practices willing to serve a common Lord.
First Presbyterian Church
127 Main Street North
Winnebago, MN 56098
Copyright 2010 First Presbyterian Church of Winnebago